I have such a bad habbit of snacking, especially because my full time job is me sitting at a desk and I just constantly want to be eating and most of the time it was the easy option, which is whatever I can get from the vending machine.
However I am trying to get myself in a routine of eating healthy, even when it comes to snacking, ever little counts!
I found different recipes for energy balls and I put together a few of my favourite ingredients and made my own kind of energy balls.
- 9 Pitted Dates
- 60g almonds (blended the almonds so they look like a powder)
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 30g rolled oats (blended so it gets refined and looks like a powder)
- 30g rolled oats (NOT BLENDED)
- 2 tbsp of powdered flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Melted dark chocolate to drizzle on top
- Soak the pitted dates in hot water so they soften for around 5 minutes until they go soft. Drain and blend to make a date puree.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix it all together until everything has combined well.
- Then add the pureed dates to the mixture bit by bit until everything is fully combined and can form it’s shape.
- Make some balls! Finish the balls with a little drizzle of chocolate.
Not only are these energy balls healthy, but they taste amazing! If you love to snack and find it hard to look for healthy snacks then these are so easy to make. You can store these in the fridge for upto 5 days and have one whenever you’re feeling peckish.
You probably will only end up eating one at a time as they are really filling.
Sincerely Sophs x