This smoothie is packed with antioxidants that will protect so many diseases including, chronic and heart disease. It also has a combination of ingredients that will give you a boost in energy to kick start your day.
It’s a great smoothie to have for breakfast, the oats slowly release energy which will is not only going to keep you going through the day but it will keep you full and prevent you from having to snack.
The fruit is a natural sweetener which is always a bonus.
Flaxseeds and Chia seeds are 2 of the most popular superfoods. Great for digestion, as it will boost your energy and metabolism. High source of Omega 3 fatty acids which benefits the skin from dryness, eczema etc.
Remember my tip from my last smoothie. Buy your fruit fresh, let them sit for a day. Then wash them and pop them in the freezer. This way whenever you make a smoothie you can just take whatever you need from the freezer and the smoothie will taste even more refreshing as it’s going to be ice cold.
- Handful of frozen Strawberries
- Handful of frozen Blueberries
- Handful of frozen Raspberries
- Half of a pink lady Apple
- Tbsp of Ground Flaxseeds
- Tsp of Chia Seeds
- Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 250-300ml of Almond Milk depending on preference of thickness
- Pop everything in the blender, until everything has combined well.
- Try adding half the milk first and then add the rest depending on how thick you like a smoothie or you can have it as a smoothie bowl
Sincerely Sophs x