I do love a good slice of banana loaf and can it get any better knowing it’s high in protein. The perfect snack whenever you’re feeling a little peckish.
I wouldn’t say this is the most healthiest recipe, because it’s honestly not! But it is high in protein, the protein doesn’t change the taste at all in the banana bread so you don’t have to worry about that. I will be sharing another High Protein Banana Loaf Recipe very soon that will be much much more healthier but the taste will be slightly different. This banana loaf that I have made is just your good old fluffy flavourful banana loaf with a little kick from the cinnamon. When you try make something more healthy then the flavours are really hard to get on point and the sponge itself becomes very very dry and dense. So I’m going to first of all master a really healthy option for banana loaf and make sure it tastes amazing before I share it with you all. But I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s quick and easy and your house will smell incredible!
3/4 scoop of chocolate protein powder
3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
1tsp cinnamon powder
130g self-raising flour
140g butter – extra for the cake the tin
140g caster sugar
60g egg whites and 1 large egg, beaten
1tsp baking powder
2 very very ripe bananas, mashed
Handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)
Icing powder for dusting
- Heat oven to 170C fan or gas 4.
- Either butter a 2lb loaf tin or set 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until it’s gone light in colour and fluffy, then add the beaten eggs in parts with half the flour and mix it up.
- Fold in the remaining flour and protein powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and mashed bananas.
- Pour into the loaf tin or muffin cases, sprinkle some or all of the cupcakes with some chocolate chips and bake for about 30 mins for the loaf tin and 15-20 minutes for the muffins, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins. Then remove the loaf from tin. Keep muffins in the case just remove from the tin.
- Dust with some icing powder and enjoy!
Sincerely Sophs x